Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gil is out of hospital

Gil was released from the hospital on Monday. He has started to help move his right leg in the walking process, he is not however walking on his own by any means. Just progress. One day this week I saw him move his right hand about three inches. Not alot. But more than I've seen from the right arm in 7 weeks. Still no speech but he does make noises. He certainly has a way of letting us know if he is unhappy about something. So he is in a wheelchair and we let him do for himself those things he can do, feed himself, shave with electric razor, help dress himself, move from one point to the next in his wheelchair ect. We are staying at Dorrine and Donald's until either he can walk or until Spring when we can build a ramp at our house to get him in and out. Probably have to do some remodeling for the bathroom that will allow him to get in and out too. Dorrine's address is 617 Pine St. in Marathon. If you are in the area and want to stop in and take a chance, great, if you are coming from a distance to stop in, you may want to call first to make sure he isn't with therapists as he will be having home therapy for several weeks and then reevaluate then. The number here is 443-2419. When someone calls and he is awake and alert, I usually let him listen and he hands the phone back to me when he is done listening. His friend Roger called tonight and Gil seemed to know who he was and was excited about the call. I was home for Mon. -Wed. to get him settled in but went back to work today. Raymond was here in the morning with him and Gail this afternoon. Dorrine will be here tomorrow with him. I don't know what I would do without the kids help. Thanks for keeping in touch with this blog. I know I don't get to it as often as I should. Sorry. Susie

No comments: