Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jan. 4

Things are about the same. Gil did however move his bad leg bending at the knee, three times this week. Nothing with his arm or speech, although his laugh is wonderful. It is good to be at home as several people from his work have visited, neighbors, friends, and family. His dad and Jan were here last weekend for a few hours, and yesterday, his brothers Paul, Darrell and wife Patty, sister Kathy and 2 of her children Matthew and Marty came from up north. I think Gil was estactic with the visit. He didn't nap so we wore him out a bit, but I know he felt it was well worth it. It was good for me to see all of them again too. He eats well, and spirits are good most days. He has some down time ,but I guess that is to be expected. I am returning to work on Tuesday so I will spend less time at the hospital which neither one of us will like, but I will try to update this every few days as I can. In the meantime, keep us in your prayers, and thanks for everything. Oh, the benefit the kids are having is March 14. They have a local restaurant donate the space, one of the members of my church is an auctioneer and will donate his time, a guy Tony works with will do the D.J. and they have lots of good stuff planned, auction, silent auction, bake sale, food, ect. If you would be interested in helping I'm sure the kids would appreciate it, just call me or one of them. Or leave a message in this blog thing. Otherwise I hoe you can plan on coming and just have a good time. Love to all, Susie

No comments: