Friday, December 19, 2008

Benefit for Gil

Just to let everyone know in advanced, us kids are hosting a benefit for Dad. It is scheduled for March 14th, 2009 at Rib river ballroom, Marathon WI. . the benefit will help mom and dad out with updates for the house for when dad is ready to come home, for example, wheel chair ramp, a special shower, special bed, a wheelchair, etc, etc., plus any other expenses that may arise to help out till dad recovers, like more rehab if needed if the insurance decides they will not pay any more. Mom and dad have no income coming in right now and only one income once mom gets back home till dad can get disability which I heard takes several months. I have told mom that we will not put dad in a nursing home till he gets better. So if we have to hire a nurse to help mom out so she can go to work we will. I am hoping that dad will be able to attend this event, maybe not all day with his rehab, but I hope a couple of hours at least.


Dorrine

If anyone who lives out of town and would like to come , please let us know, we have my house, moms, Claytons, and our friends Larrys house. Or I can give you info on hotels if you like your own space. Give me a call for info. 715-443-2419

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That is wonderful! I am not sure if Bob and I will be able to attend but we will support it. I'll make sure I make a note on the date.
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
Love Kathy B. Esko MN