Sunday, December 7, 2008

gils update Sunday

Instead of everyone having to have an account to leave a message I have set up a guestbook to allow a place to leave notes or questions and then After I recieve a message I will cut a paste it to the correct area. When my dad gets better and he will , we will be able to show him all the letters and comments left for him. The guest book is on the left side above the links.

Updates. To day Mom, Nancy, me(dorrine) , aunt nancy ( moms sister) and Jason (nancys boyfriend and the angel that found my dad), are all at the hospital. Today he is complaining that his stomach hurts. So we are trying to find out why, my opinion is that he has not pooped since wed. So once he goes he should be better.

Today we got out the dry erase board to see if he would write on it. On thursday all he drew circles, and today he wrote Nancys name and his name with little or not help. So we are hoping that he will continue with this so he will be able to let us know what hurts and wants.

Today Aunt Nancy and I was telling dad to move his leg on the right side( the side that does not work) and he moved it twice for us. last week he was trying but nothing would happen.


I will write more tonight after 8:00p.m. when we have to leave the hospital.

Dorrine


___________________________________________________________________

This little message is from (little) Nancy. I was the first one to arrive at the hospital early Tuesday morning. Dad has improved a thousand times over. When I first arrived, he could not feel a thing on his right side and by 8 a.m. he was moving his toes when we touched the bottom of it. It has been a drastic change and I am so proud of the progress he has made. I tried teaching him sign language yesterday, but since the white board system seems to be working, mom and Dorrine will probably stick to that.

Keep Dad in your thoughts and prayers.

Nancy*

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Sue, Gil and family,
you are all in my prayers daily. We prayed in church today for all of you. I am so happy to hear that Gil is improving. Our God is an awesome God! If there is anything I can do at my end let me know. I am sorry I have not called you this weekend but we had so much going on at church. Yesterday a winter frolic and today a huge funeral. I love all of you, you are family! Love Kathy B. (Grafmyre)