Thursday, December 18, 2008

thursday

Well, we were hoping to find news about him possibly going home this weekend, but it doesn't seem to be working in our favor. Found out that the rehab center in Wausau normally doesn't take new patients on the weekends. Clayton is going to try and use a pull and see if that can be changed. And my insurance is not the fastest working people in the world either as far as getting okays to us on insurance stuff. So it is frustrating. The Dr. we saw today was not his regular Dr. I talked to Gil's nuerologist before he went on vacation and although he was worried about altitude change ect. last week, he didn't think that was a concern this week. And the Dr. that normally sees Gil knew we were hoping to take him home this weekend and didn't show any concern about that. However, the meeting they had today was with the back up Dr. that I had never met before but who was covering the floor today. And it was his opinion that Gil shouldn't fly at this time. So because he was the only one that felt that way, I am making arrangements to move Gil back to Wis. So if not Saturday, we are shooting for Monday, with hopes that all the arrangements can be made and the weather cooperates. Gil was in good spirits today and did therapy well. He still has some confusion at times and still no use of right side or speech. But he is getting stronger and making little strides every day. He understands that he is going to a rehab in Wi. when we leave here and not directly to home. And he is okay with that. So that is where I am at today. Continue to keep us in your prayers. Thanks for your thoughts, cards, flowers, goodie bags, and just for being there. Love to all. Susie

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Glad to read that Gils spirits are good. I do continue to lift you all up in prayer daily. My heart goes out to you Sue. I can only imagine how trying all of this has been on you and your family. I've been busy here and I'm sorry I haven't called. I'll try calling tomorrow, Saturday the 10th. I do love you all, Kathy Bjonskaas