Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday Dec 9th update #1

Hello all, today mom and I showed up at the hospital early to see dad and to talk to the doctor about what happened yesterday.

The doctor came in and said that all the lab work and tests they did yesterday. came back. They think what happened was 1 of 2 things. 1) a side affect from one of the meds that he was taking. 2) that he had what I call a baby stoke, but he was leaning towards his meds. So they changed his meds and he does seem good today. Dads cat scan showed that there was a little bit more swelling around the stroke area , which the doc says is common days later after a stoke. Gil seems to understand some things and confused when asked other other questions. Sometimes I don't know if it is Gil's 56 year old mind playing games with me or a trapped 4 year old mind playing impish tricks. /For instance, yesterday, Gil was trying to take the lodes off his chest that reads his heart rate for the machine. Dorrine grabbed his hand and said no, and he grabbed tighter. Dorrine told him to let go, he threw his blanket off, lifted his butt and "let go". 56 or 4? I was on the phone and Dorrine said when I wasn't looking at Gil, he would move his lips like he was mocking me talking. 56 or 4. We'll never know. But knowingly or not, he does give us a laugh occasionally!!! The Dr. asked him questions today and Gil looked confused, so Dr. told me to ask him as maybe he wasn't understanding. So I told him to close his eyes and he did(Gil-not the Dr.!!!!!!!) When I asked if he was having pain (Gil has complained about pain in his back and stomach in the past few days) Gil nodded yes. Dr. wanted to know if he was having pain in his head and Gil nodded yes. Was he having pain or nodding yes to everything? I will ask him again later. I don't know if you have the right phone number. I have Gil's cell phone and the number is 715-574-4179. Dorrine's cell number is 715-573-3142.

THis was written by both me Dorrine and Susie

Oh and by the way my moms sister Nancy left her laptop here with us and yesterday dad and I were playing cards online yesterday and we won $9.00 for my aunt Nancy.

Dorrine

Gil Keene

No comments: